The Method of Fun & Adrenaline
As I argued here, what the Bruins needed badly was to remember:
- Remember what they love about the game.
- Remember what it feels like to do things right.
- Remember how to do things right by having fun.
- Remember what passion can do for you.
And of course, remember that:
- Adrenaline + Endorphins = Energy.
- Energy brings hard work.
- Motivation brings high Adrenaline + Endorphin levels.
- ‘Motivation’ is the non-poetic, psychological term for passion.
- Love for the game feeds passion.
And that is just the route coach took with the boys, as the video below indicates. Again, “Claude Julien recognized that the boys don’t need more monotonous drills; he made sure they had some fun with the game in practice. Excellent strategic decision.” [source]
If the video does not display, watch it here.
Vodpod videos no longer available.